12/09/2010

Who Uses Online Dating Sites?

A decade ago I would have been embarrassed to say I did online dating but things have changed and society is much more comfortable with the concept of meeting someone online. Even my Dad is okay with my Internet dating now, finally in 2009!

Think about it; we are all working on our careers and busy with friends, families, and hobbies. How else are you going to meet someone? Guys, there are completely eligible bachelorettes on dating sites -- and ladies, there are completely eligible men on dating sites. There are men and women who have careers, are attractive and don't have baggage that are just like you looking for a relationship.

I used to use eHarmony.com to meet potential significant others. Let's call them PSOs. Got my heart broken a few times but at least I was able to form relationships from some of the people I met. At the time, eHarmony was the 'it' site for online dating. Then us internet daters went through the phase where Match.com seemed to have the best pool of men and women and that seemed to take away from the pool at eHarmony. Now, it seems Plenty of Fish and Tagged are the 'it' dating sites. And they're both free!

You do have to be careful about people's intentions on any dating site. If their profile says they party a lot and drink 'several times a week' you can pretty much assume that person is looking for sex and a fling. And that is fine if that is what you are looking for too! Just make sure in the beginning stages of communicating that you let it be known what you are looking for.

Think about it, you are gorgeous and smart and have it all together so there are other people in the Internet dating world that are gorgeous, smart and have it all together. The stigma of online dating is nearly gone. So, go for it! What do you have to lose? After 15 years of dating and 5 years of online dating I have met 'the one' and I never would have had I not hung in there through it all.

Friends Link : Online Dating Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment